3D Laser Scanning is a high-definition surveying technique that replaces traditional methods of field measurement. This technology enables the rapid collection of precise measurements in a fraction of the time.
Most existing buildings have rudimentary documentation, such as 2D paper blueprints or unverified record drawings. These documents tend to lack accurate or up-to-date information suitable for starting a major renovation project. Often, existing buildings must be measured and redrawn in a digital format such as CAD or Autodesk Revit (3D BIM), so that teams of design professionals can base the renovation design on a reliable set of known conditions.
We perform our 3D laser scans according to surveying standards. This approach emphasizes measurement redundancy, repeatability, and verifiable accuracy. Our high-quality 3D laser scanning equipment is capable of collecting measurements over distances ranging from less than three feet to several hundred feet with +/- 1mm precision. Various techniques are used in the field to ensure the resulting measurements can be verified and that the survey is reliable within a stated tolerance.
- Accuracy: Map or survey grade accuracy across an entire building
- Validity: Information collected is verifiable via quantitative analysis
- Speed: Less time spent on site
- Comprehensive: Amount of information collected surpasses all other methods
- Safety: Measurements can be taken without ladders or lifts
- Cost Effectiveness: Return visits to the site and unforeseen conditions significantly reduced
- Stakeholder Communication: Clarity of data supports project team
- Low Impact on Operations: Non-invasive services performed on your schedule
- Data Accessibility: IVION Cloud access makes previously proprietary data accessible via a web-based server.
- Sustainability: Facilitates sustainability initiatives by reducing waste, rework, and unnecessary visits to the job site.